Hash

This is a great recipe that I came up with one day because we didn't have a lot of money and Payday was 2 days away! My kids call it "Vomit" as a joke.

• 2 cups uncooked rice (for 5 or 6 meals, I take it for lunch the next day)
  • 2 cans cream of mushroom soup or if you want variation, one can mushroom soup and one can of cream of celery soup
  • Ad

• 1 lb. hamburger (or if you are really frugal, no meat)
  • 1/2 an onion and garlic if you have it
  • soy or teriyaki sauce for taste

Directions:

Cook rice as directed. Cook onion and garlic and then add hamburger and cook until done; drain. In a bowl add cooked rice and soups and mix up really good. Then add the hamburger and stir it together.

We have peas on the side or mixed in. We also have a slice of buttered bread with it. It looks like vomit, but it is very good!

A lot of people will say it is like Chow Mein Hotdish, but it is minus the oven cooking time, the celery, and crunchy noodles.

Servings: 5
Time:5 Minutes Preparation Time
20 Minutes Cooking Time

By Trish from Wabasha, MN

just a suggestion, leave off the "Looks like"description on your next recipe. I couldn't get passed the description to make the dish! Yuk!

I promise it is a good dish. It's really like chow mein without the celery and crunchy noodles.

My Mum made this when I was little, but we called it hotch potch, and served mashed potato on the side. So tasty!