Steak and Egg Hash
Combine leftover steak bits or other meat with sautéed potatoes, chopped onion, and garlic. Once once these ingredients are tossed and the meat is heated though crack an egg in the center and cover to finish. This recipe serves one.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Here is a hearty breakfast treat you can make with your leftover meats. I used beef steak here, but you can use any type of meat and it will turn out great. This is a one skillet meal for one person. Just multiply and use a bigger skillet to serve more people.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 1 serving
- 1/2 russet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 3 ounces cooked steak, chopped
- 1 egg
- chopped fresh herbs to serve (optional)
- Heat a teaspoon or two of oil in a small skillet and add potatoes. Cook for 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in onions. Sprinkle with garlic powder and some salt and pepper. Cook another 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add chopped steak and cook for a minute, tossing around.
- Make a well in the center and drizzle a tiny bit of oil there.
- Crack open the egg in the center.
- Cook a couple minutes, then cover with a lid and cook a bit more more to desired doneness. This will evenly cook the egg all over, and cook the centers of the potatoes to perfection. Garnish with herbs, if desired.
- Serve in skillet or slide out onto a plate. I love mine with a drizzle of hot sauce.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.