Healthy Greens and Quinoa Salad
Vote for this contest contender!
In our household, one staple we always have is quinoa! I am always finding creative ways to incorporate quinoa and using any left over vegetables or ingredients we have on hand.
This is a healthy mixture, and what I love about these salads is that it's flexible. You could add more or less of any ingredient. You can also add protein on the side or in the salad too. This is easy to whip up!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: Depends on how much quinoa you have
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1 pkg fresh or frozen peas
- 1 pkg chopped spinach
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained
- sesame oil
- Chop entire bunch of the green onions. I separated the white bulbs for a different recipe.
- In a large pan, saute green peas and spinach for a few minutes until spinach has wilted.
- Follow recipe for quinoa or use left over quinoa (which I did). Toss with can of red kidney beans, green peas, spinach and diced green onions.
- Drizzle 1-2 teaspoon of sesame oil for flavor around the quinoa and toss evenly.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!