Heart Picture Frame Magnet
Here is a sentimental gift that you may be able to make with items around your home. This would be a nice little handmade gift to give for Valentine's Day or even Mother's Day.
Total Time: 20 minutes
- kraft paper
- photo or paper
- heart paper cut out or heart paper punch
- hot glue
- magnet strip
- Sharpie pen/pen
- double sided tape
- Punch a heart shape from the paper you would like to use as your picture frame. I used Kraft paper, and if you do not have a heart puncher you can freehand cut with scissors.
- The size of your heart will determine your magnet frame. Cut the paper with the heart cutout into a square, as well as a piece of cardboard, the same size.
- Cut thin strips of cardboard and hot glue on the left, bottom, and right sides of the cardboard. That way the photo will be able to be inserted from the top of the heart and the cardboard pieces will elevate so photo can be inserted.
- Apply glue on those 3 cardboard pieces and glue the heart piece down.
- At this point, you can cut a photo to place inside or make a photo insert like I am. Cut a piece of paper smaller than the frame. Then cut it down until it fits inside (that way your recipient can follow that template for when they place a photo inside.)
- Using double sided tape, add magnet strips on the back.
- You can decorate the front of the magnet however you would like; I kept it simple and wrote a message, "i love you" with a Sharpie.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!