HamMeats

Heavenly Ham Dinner

This is so easy. If a big ham dinner sounds too intimidating to tackle, think again. Easy as pie and tastes fantastic!

Total Time: Just over 2 hours

Yield: About 12 servings

1. Place your ham in a roasting pan, along with the juices from the package, add 1 cup water. You may add a seasoning/glaze packet if it came with your ham.
  2. Ad

3. Cover pan with foil and place lid on top. Bake in a 325 F oven for 1 hour, 10 minutes.
  4. Wash and poke 5 pounds of potatoes.
  5. Ad

6. Wrap potatoes in foil and place in the oven next to the roasting pan, after your ham has been in the oven for only 25 minutes. They will remain in the oven for the duration of the cooking time.
  7. Peel and cut your carrots, place them in the pan with your ham, replace foil and lid. Continue cooking another 50 minutes. Remove from oven. The juices in your pan will create a thin, but delicious gravy/sauce for your potatoes. Total ham cooking time is 2 hours.
  8. Ad

9. Yummy!

I love ham dinners. My sister shared some leftover ham she had from Christmas and I put it in my crockpot with a bag of frozen green beans to simmer. I had such nice juices leftover that I decided to add some potatoes and carrots to the leftovers and got a few more meals out of it. The ham was so tender and good and the green beans seasoned just right. I hated for it to end : )

How long and on high or low?

Sounds wonderful!:)

I would like to know why this ham dinner was cooked for 2 hrs. I have never cooked my ham for 2 hrs and the ham is always at least 4lb ham. Sounds good though. I just would not want the ham to dry out. Also, the crockpot ham sounded good also..thank you both

That just happens to be how long I chose to cook it. It worked for me, everything was very moist too.:)