Nail TipsBeauty

Helping Nails Grow Back After Overcutting

I had a really bad habit which I got rid off only last month. I used to chip my toenails and break them off completely. The full nail plate detached and I would keep chipping and chipping. Now I regret this and want to get my nails back.

Please help me by suggesting some ways to grow them back or suggest some medications so that will help me get my nail plates back.

Best Answer

You can take a over the counter vitamin called Hair, Skin & Nails. You take it daily & it helps strengthen your nails and hair. Also helps to give your skin a healthy glow. At least that is what it has done for me. Good Luck

Best Answer

I take multivitamins and biotin for nails. Also make sure to moisturize that area and keep socks on to prevent further damage.

Biotin helps nail and hair growth.

I am currently taking Natrol Biotin Beauty 5,000 mcg extra strength. I buy mine at Costco. :)

Many people recommend taking Biotin to improve nail and hair health.

• There is quite a bit of controversy about whether Biotin will actually improve the condition of your nails and hair but most agree; if you are not deficient in Biotin (vitamin 7) then a supplement may not help you.
  • If you are taking a multi-vitamin and/or a Complex B vitamin or, eating a healthy diet then you may be getting sufficient Biotin.
  • If you are interested in some reports you can check out the following 2 links.
  • draxe.com/.../
  • www.thisisinsider.com/does-biotin-work-hair-nails-2017...
  • You might want to check this out even if you decide to take Biotin.
  • www.wikihow.com/Help-a-Toenail-Grow-Back-Quickly
  • It does appear that you cannot take "too much" of Biotin so no harm done even it your body does not need it.