Hibiscus Dropped Its Leaves

I brought a new hibiscus and changed the plant pot and made it a patio garden plant. But I saw that the leaves were dropping off daily. Yesterday I noticed that all the leaves have dropped off and the stem of the plant is all that is left. I have done pruning to the stem and noticed that the cells of it have not yet died. Can you please let me know what I should do to make the nodes grow and keep the plant alive.

I was partly raised in Hawaii and remember our old Japanese gardener advising my mother against planting hibiscus in pots but did not know why (she wanted to have a "flowery" but screened patio to avoid skeeters). Checked online for answers-successfully planting hibiscus in containers is tricky, as the site below explains. I doubt you can revive your plant at it's current stage. Consistent watering (sometimes twice daily) and specific plant food are critical to success:

www.gardeningknowhow.com/.../hibiscus-container-care.htm