High Protein Bread Recipes
- 1 pkg. yeast
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 6 cups unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup soy flour
- 3/4 cup dry skim milk powder
- 3 Tbsp. wheat germ
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- Dissolve yeast and honey in 3 cups lukewarm water in large bowl. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Stir next 3 ingredients together in bowl. Stir in wheat germ. Add salt and half the dry ingredients to yeast, beating well until elastic. Add butter and enough remaining flour to make soft dough.
- Knead on floured surface until smooth and elastic. Place in greased plastic bag. Chill overnight.
- Punch dough down and shape into 2 large or 3 small loaves. Place in greased loaf pans. Let rise until double in bulk.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50-60 minutes, covering with foil if bread browns too quickly.
By Robin from Washington, IA
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.