Himalayan Breed Information and Photos

I recently got a Himalayan cat for my birthday, and he's constantly peeing around the house, on the leather couch, on our chairs, etc. We also have 3 other cats, I'm wondering if getting more litter boxes would help, or as people have told me that it's just the breed that is unhappy being around other animals? I don't want to get rid of him so please tell me any information you know.

Lacey

Answers

By josmom (Guest Post)

i would take him to your vet and have him checked for a uti. This is one of the signs and if left untreated it can go on quite a while. If thats not it there is medication you can use for behavior, but your vet needs to check his urine to rule out infection, tumors, etc....

yes he may have a uti...also how many litter boxes do you have? You should have one for each cat plus one...so for four cats you should have 5 litterboxes in various places (some cats prefer a specific location, a certain amount of litter in the box, etc.). I have five cats and seven litter boxes, and no more problems!...2 wasn't enough even though I scoop three times a day, as one of my cats is picky and doesn't like to share. This has solved the problem.

If the vet finds no infection it is definitely a litter box problem. Get him his own. Most cats hate to share and by nature cats are territorial and right now he doesn't even have a litter box to call his own in his new home he shares with other cats. Some cats really are more fussy than others. I have one like that. The other is not fussy at all.

Yes. he should have his own box. Also be sure it is changed daily. Some will not use it if the box is not cleaned. They won't use a dirty box.

By Jess (Guest Post)

my family and i have just got a new cat, and i dont know what to feed it.. i know that it needs food... but what sort?

Editor's Note: At the grocery store or pet store there are many kinds of cat food. Depending on it's age, buy the appropriate food. On most bags of dry food there are amounts to feed for the size (weight) of your cat. Canned food also has serving sizes. Buy some of each and buy the smaller sizes until you find out what he/she likes.

Answer this Question