Home Completion Help for Disabled Homeowner?

April 22, 2016

We need help finishing our home. I was building it when I became disabled and am unable to complete the work. The home is like 70% complete or more, but I cannot finish it on a fixed income.



Bronze Answer Medal for All Time! 220 Answers
April 22, 20161 found this helpful
Best Answer

It is often difficult to find free or low cost help for repairing or building a house. You can try an online search for "low income disabled house repair" for possible resources and this site:

Reply Was this helpful? 1
April 24, 20161 found this helpful

Thank you for information

Reply Was this helpful? 1
July 25, 20161 found this helpful

I have honestly been looking for help everywhere! We are in desperate need of really a new home but the tralior my kids and I live in now the floors have fell in bath tub has fell in and the floor has fell in I did have mushrooms growing in the bathroom we had to close off. I just wondering if u could direct me in the right place I have a 7 year old little girl, a 11 year old girl and a 5 year old boy and we have ran outta room we bought this as a repo and it's had it we have lived in it over 12 years.


The roof leaks has since we moved in.. And my old bathroom had cut off to the rest of the house was growing mushrooms outta the floors. I am on a fixed income and I dk what else to do..

Reply Was this helpful? 1
October 1, 20161 found this helpful

Please I am in urgent need of home repair interior....from electrical to plumbing issues....and more but I would appreciate any assistance you could offer because I am a low income mother on ssi and just got a small part time job making $8.00 / hr....working at times two,three days a week...I'm still not able to make all the necessary repairs... My home is literally falling apart around me...I've lived here for over thirty years and it was my mother's dying wish that I should always be here...but it has been difficult for me to maintain the dignity and upkeep of the home....


I just need a helping hand if you could.... It would be such a blessing... I live in Milwaukee Wisconsin..... My name is Lisa May

Reply Was this helpful? 1
November 27, 20160 found this helpful

Not sure where you live but in Missouri we have Necac for low income families. They help pay for your rent. Sometimes all of it. They will give you a list with approved Necac homes.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
December 4, 20160 found this helpful

Lisa please call the church the name is greater new birth I am sure they will help you

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Silver Post Medal for All Time! 255 Posts
January 12, 20170 found this helpful

NECAC is just in North East Missouri. For the rest of Missouri you would need to google community action agency and your county name. Missouri actually has 19 different community action agencies and each has a slightly different name.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
July 14, 20170 found this helpful

Good luck with that my roof leaking bad .....Pipes burst I'm looking for 2years already ....I live in PA ....

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
Answer this Question
In This Page
Better Living Charity AdviceAugust 17, 2017
Thanksgiving Ideas!
Halloween Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCoronavirusCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.
Desktop Page | View Mobile
Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Generated 2022-10-24 10:17:26 in 3 secs. ⛅️️
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.