To Top

Home Repair Help for Disabled Senior

Category Miscellaneous

I'm looking for a program that will help my disabled mother to rebuild her home. Her house is very old is falling apart and it has mold everywhere. She is always saying that her head hurts a lot, but I know is because of the mold that is everywhere. She lives in Crystal City Texas. Please help I'm begging; if there any program that will help her rebuild her home please let me know.


By Francisco

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

November 15, 20140 found this helpful

You can start with dialing 211 on your phone as this usually has a lot of information regarding services available in your city. I usually Google the question with a local city name or zip code and find there is lots of information available.

It is always recommended that a family start a search with visiting their local church as some have member volunteers that might be able to help with small repairs.

Someone in her city will probably have to explore local agencies like Senior Services and also Salvation Army and Goodwill organizations usually have a list of places that offer help to needy seniors and families.

It sounds like your mother may be living in a place that would be too costly to repair and they may recommend she move to a safer place.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Related Content
Home and Garden Repair Home MiscellaneousNovember 13, 2014
Seniors Luncheon
Seniors' Luncheon Ideas
Elderly Woman Walking with Daughter
Activities for the Elderly and Disabled
A picture of a pencil eraser and a piece of paper that says Student Loans on it.
Getting Student Loans Forgiven if Disabled
Disabled veteran in a wheelchair in front of an American flag.
Housing Assistance for Disabled Veterans
Back to School Ideas!
Summer Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Desktop Page | View Mobile

Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Published by .

Generated 2017/08/19 09:25:50 in 434 msecs. ⛅️️ ⚡️
Loading Something Awesome!