Homeless After House Fire

The Red Cross gave me a debit card and never put me up for a place to stay. I stayed with my daughter for a few days after. When the money was gone she wanted me to go. Now I'm back in my burned trailer. Everything is getting wet and I'm wet and cold. Where can I find help?


Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

October 9, 20170 found this helpful
Best Answer

This is so sad and I am sorry your daughter won't allow you to stay with here. Here is some very important information to help you now.

  • After a fire the victim can get immediate assistance and also long term assistance. These programs are from a variety of private and public agencies.
  • In your state you will need to find the Human Resources Administration. If you had told us what state you lived in I could of helped you find this in your area.
  • As you know the American Red Cross has funds available for fire victims. I know you have visited them once and they gave you a few vouchers. I would suggest going back there again and see if they can offer you temperary housing or shelter until you can get your trailer fixed.
  • Ad

  • The Department of Housing Preservation and Development is set up to help people recover and relocate after a fire. Again you will need to find the office in your area or state that is there to help you.
  • According to many websites and informaion about fire victims it seems the American Red Cross is responsibe to feed and cloths you and allow you to stay in one of their emergency shelters.
  • The Salvation Army is another good agency that helps fire victims and gives relief. I would also contact them for help.
  • You can also go to the United Way for help. They are there to help you out in your time of need.
  • FEMA - Federal Emergency Management Agency is a government agency that offers temporary housing assistance for people who have been displaced after a house fire. You will need to contact this agency because many people don't realize that disaster assistance is available to them. They are an excellent agency and they will help you out. I would contact them and find out what they can do for you.
Reply Was this helpful? Yes
October 9, 20170 found this helpful

Contact social services and churches in your area. Good luck.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
October 9, 20170 found this helpful

Contact local churches in your area.Call the Red Cross again they should help you until you have a proper place too stay.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Related Content
In This Guide
Better Living CharityOctober 8, 2017
Valentine's Ideas!
St. Patrick's Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.

Desktop Page | View Mobile

Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

© 1997-2019 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Generated 2019/02/08 20:27:24 in 1 secs. ⛅️️
Loading Something Awesome!