Making Blessing Bags for the Homeless

One way you personally can help a homeless person is by making up bags of snacks and personal items to hand out as needed. This is a page about making blessing bags for the homeless.

Blessing Bags to keep in the car when you pass homeless people. Something special you can do with your children or grandchildren to teach them about caring/giving for those in need!

For your blessing bags you will need:

• gallon size Ziploc bags
  • Chap Stick
  • packages of tissues
  • travel size toothbrush and toothpaste
  • travel size mouthwash
  • comb
  • soap
  • hotel size shampoos
  • trail mix
  • granola bars
  • crackers
  • pack of gum
  • Band aids
  • coins or predetermined dollar amount, say 5.00 (could be used to make a phone call, or purchase a food item)
  • hand wipes
  • a warm pair of socks
  • packet rain poncho
  • tampons (for women)

The ideas could be endless!

Assemble all the items in the bags, and maybe throw in a note of encouragement. Seal the bags and stow in your car for a moment of providence or drop some off at a food or homeless shelter.

I have an abundance of freebies that I have come to me in the mail or that obtain from hotel stays and such. I will never in my entire life be able to use these. I am on a mission now to help those less unfortunate. I have some used purses as well and I am putting some of the items that I have compiled over the years and doing a handout to the homeless.

I think they would appreciate shampoos and toothpastes. All in all, I think it will make me feel good to give this holiday season.

Better Living Charity AdviceSeptember 27, 2015
🎃
🎂
🌻