Homemade Beef Stroganoff
We love Beef Stroganoff! My son asks us to make it for dinner every single week - I actually only make it about once a month, poor kid :) This is a good one to double, because the leftovers are fabulous.
- 1 lb beef sirloin or tenderloin
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 8 oz sour cream
- 2 tsp instant beef bouillon granules or beef base
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 cups hot cooked egg noodles
- Slice beef into bite size pieces.
- Combine flour and sour cream. Stir in bullion granules, 1/2 cup water, 1/4 tsp pepper. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook half the meat in margarine over high heat until done. Remove meat and set aside.
- Add remaining meat, mushrooms, onion, and garlic to skillet Cook and stir until meat is done and onion is tender.
- Return all meat to the skillet and add sour cream mixture. Cook over medium heat until bubbly. Cook 1 minute more until it starts to thicken.
- Spoon 1 cup stroganoff over 1 cup noodles and serve with a vegetable.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!