Homemade Creamy Vegetable Soup

Today I had to shop for vegetables for this soup because I am on a liquid/soft diet due to jaw surgery. So my goal has been to eat healthy. So I picked up all produce, came home and decided to start a potato soup. Wait until you see what I put in this soup? It is so nutritious and full of vitamins.

1. Using a large soup pot add chicken broth.
  2. Using a chopper or a food processor, puree all the vegetables, starting with the cubed potatoes, to thicken your soup. Then puree onions, celery, broccoli, cauliflower, and garlic.
  3. Add all pureed vegetables to the broth and keep stirring. After it comes to a boil, reduce to a simmer.
  4. Advertisement

5. Add all seasonings. Let simmer for an hour.
  6. Add the half n' half, snipped scallions and chopped basil.
  7. Just before you are ready to serve add all of the shredded cheese.
  8. Ladle this into soup bowls, you can add extra cheese (opt) and it is great topped with seasoned croutons.
  9. Advertisement

Food and Recipes Recipes Soups VegetableOctober 17, 2017
🎄