Main DishesRecipes

Homemade Lasagna Roll Ups

I had heard of lasagna roll ups but never tried making them! They are different, fun and easy to serve. Putting away leftovers is easy too. I had company for dinner and they loved them!

1. Have your sauce ready and hot.
  2. Put on a large pan of water to boil, add a little salt and olive oil. Bring to a boil.
  3. Advertisement

4. Take a whole box of lasagna noodles and stand each one up in the pan and gently stir them as they start to soften and swirl in the pan. Only cook for about 3 minutes.
  5. Then drain into a strainer. While in the strainer, pour about 2 Tbsp of olive oil over them.
  6. When they are cool enough to touch, gently take each piece and lay it out evenly in a pan or on a plate.
  7. Now, take the pan you are using for lasagna, put enough hot sauce into the bottom to cover. Set aside near where you are going to be making the roll ups.
  8. Using a large mixing bowl, put the ricotta cheese, eggs, 1/2 of one bag of mozzarella cheese, grated Parmesan cheese, and seasonings in. Mix very well.
  9. I used a large plastic cutting board. I laid out a piece of lasagna at a time, and use small spoonfuls. If you use too much it will just ooze out.
  10. Start rolling gently, lay each one in the pan of sauce.
  11. When all done filling, put a ladle of sauce over each one. Topping each one with a heaping amount of mozzarella cheese.
  12. Cover the pan with aluminum foil. Put in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes. Uncover the pan, and cook for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.

When I make lasagne I cook the whole box even though I dont need it all. I put the leftover cooked noodles between waxed paper and freeze.

When I am in the mood for roll ups, I thaw them in the fridge the night before.

They are also excellent with spinach in them.

Food and Recipes Recipes Main DishesNovember 8, 2019
🍂
🎄