Homemade Paints for Kids

Kids love to paint. You can encourage their impromptu artistic sessions by having a good supply of painting supplies, including an array of homemade paints. This is a guide about homemade paints for kids.

When my kids were little, I did daycare. I soon found "homemade" supplies were cheaper and safer than buying them for crafts. I never had to worry about "not safe to eat" labels and the older children had a blast making supplies! Now I do them for my grandchildren!

Total Time: 15 minutes at the most

Yield: 3 pints

• 3 cups water
  • 2 cups all purpose flour
  • 2 packages of Kool-Aid
  • 1/2 cup salt
  • 3 Tbsp vegetable oil

1. Bring water to a boil, remove from heat and cool till lukewarm, add oil to the cooled water, stir a little.
  2. Mix 1 cup of flour, 1 Kool-Aid package and 1/4 cup salt in a medium size mixing bowl
  3. Take 1 and 1/2 cups water and add to dry ingredients, stir until well mixed.
  4. Repeat with rest of water.
  5. Kool-Aid will add the color and scent to the paint, you can add a few drops of food coloring to enhance the color. You can also omit the Kool-Aid and use just food coloring.
  6. Ad

7. I put the paint in one jar without the food coloring or Kool-Aid, using only what I need. I purchased muffin tins from the dollar store, pour paint until about half way full, then mix in the food coloring. I always keep the uncolored paint in the refrigerator, stir a little before using. Also, generic Kool-Aid works just as well!

This is a guide about homemade finger paint. Kids love finger painting. If you don't have some handy try making your own.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

How do I make white colours?

By M Walia from Vatican City

Answers

White isn't even really one of the primary colours - it's a 'Tone'. It is impossible to create white (as with all the primary colours Red, Blue and yellow) using ANY combination of colour. You CAN use white to 'tone' down ANY other colour though. Hope that helps?