Homemade Tea Party Invitations
Making your own invitations to specialty parties can increase your enjoyment of the event. This is a page about homemade tea party invitations.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Summer will be here soon, a time to sip on tea and have long visits with friends. Make this invitation to invite your friends to a summer tea party.
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 8.2 x 5.6 in light grey marbled cardstock
- 3.4 x 5.2 in pink corrugated cardstock
- Jablo's teapot and teacup, G 035 (see www.jabtex.co.za for international stockists)
- grey acrylic paint
- 2/32 in paintbrush
- Foilart Super-tack glue pen
- pink craft foil
- 5 white and pink paper flowers
- craft glue
- pencil and scissors
- Score the light grey marbled cardstock to create a card sized 4.1 inches x 5.6 inches.
- Now use the pink corrugated cardstock. Leaving a space of 0.5 inches from the outer edges of this piece, cut out the inside so that you will have a pink frame.
- Position and glue the pink corrugated frame to the front of the card, carefully ensuring that it is an equal distance from the edges.
- Use the paint brush to apply an even layer of the paint onto the Jablo's teacup stamp. Be careful not to apply too much or too little paint onto the stamp, as you will end up with an uneven effect.
- Transfer the image onto the grey cardstock and then, carefully lift the stamp.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 with the Jablo's teapot stamp.
- Allow the stamped images to dry before continuing with the next step.
- Add Super-tack glue to the areas of the stenciled images that must be highlighted with the craft foil.
- Allow the Super-tack glue to dry for about 30 minutes. When the glue is wet, it is blue, but when it is dry it becomes transparent.
- Press foil down on the glue. Remember that, of course, the pink side of the foil must be on top.
- Rub the foil over the areas where you have added glue with the Super-tack glue pen.
- Carefully lift the foil. On the areas where you have added glue with the Super-tack pen, some of the foil will stay behind, thereby highlighting certain areas or features of the flowers.
- Glue the paper flowers in place at the bottom of the teacup and teapot.
Ask a QuestionHere are the questions asked by community members. Read on to see the answers provided by the ThriftyFun community or ask a new question.
February 22, 20140 found this helpful
Can you tell me where to find tea verses to enter onto cards I make. Also my church is planning a ladies' tea party and they want me to make the invitations for the gathering. Please help.
By Mary Jane
February 23, 20141 found this helpful
I just did a search for tea verses and found many choices. When my granddaughter was 4 she told me "GranMarty, the world wide web has a wealth of information." I'm sure she gleaned that from one of her many discussions with her dad. It sounds like something he would say to a little kid. At any rate there are many tea verses and poems on the ole WWW.
Answer this Question...
February 24, 20140 found this helpful
Try Quotegarden.com and put in tea for a search question