Let's Drink a Cup of Tea Card
Summer will be here soon, a time to sip on tea and have long visits with friends. Make this invitation to invite your friends to a summer tea party.
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 8.2 x 5.6 in light grey marbled cardstock
- 3.4 x 5.2 in pink corrugated cardstock
- Jablo's teapot and teacup, G 035 (see www.jabtex.co.za for international stockists)
- grey acrylic paint
- 2/32 in paintbrush
- Foilart Super-tack glue pen
- pink craft foil
- 5 white and pink paper flowers
- craft glue
- pencil and scissors
- Score the light grey marbled cardstock to create a card sized 4.1 inches x 5.6 inches.
- Now use the pink corrugated cardstock. Leaving a space of 0.5 inches from the outer edges of this piece, cut out the inside so that you will have a pink frame.
- Position and glue the pink corrugated frame to the front of the card, carefully ensuring that it is an equal distance from the edges.
- Use the paint brush to apply an even layer of the paint onto the Jablo's teacup stamp. Be careful not to apply too much or too little paint onto the stamp, as you will end up with an uneven effect.
- Transfer the image onto the grey cardstock and then, carefully lift the stamp.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 with the Jablo's teapot stamp.
- Allow the stamped images to dry before continuing with the next step.
- Add Super-tack glue to the areas of the stenciled images that must be highlighted with the craft foil.
- Allow the Super-tack glue to dry for about 30 minutes. When the glue is wet, it is blue, but when it is dry it becomes transparent.
- Press foil down on the glue. Remember that, of course, the pink side of the foil must be on top.
- Rub the foil over the areas where you have added glue with the Super-tack glue pen.
- Carefully lift the foil. On the areas where you have added glue with the Super-tack pen, some of the foil will stay behind, thereby highlighting certain areas or features of the flowers.
- Glue the paper flowers in place at the bottom of the teacup and teapot.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.