Crocheted Tea Cup Pincushion
Add a crocheted topper to a batting filled tea cup to make a lovely crochet tea cup pincushion. This would make a nice gift to a friend that sews.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
With some imagination, you can turn an old tea cup into a pretty pin cushion.
Approximate Time: 1 hour to 1.5 hours
- tea cup with or without saucer
- your choice of yarn
- size 5.5 mm hook
- hot glue gun
- E6000 or contact cement
- sewing embellishments
- scrap lace or ribbon
- Decorate the cup before you cement it to the saucer.
- With your chain one on hook, chain another and make a single crochet in first chain. Make one single crochet in the back loop of each single crochet.
- Do not start or end a row, just keep making a big spiral.
- When you have a circle almost the width of the cup, break off that color and add another, making a ruffle of chain three and slip stitch in each stitch around.
- Fill the cup with batting, and hot glue the crocheted work to the brim a little at a time.
- Decorate with buttons, anything little like sewing embellishments, etc.
- Glue the cup to the saucer and tie a lace or ribbon bow around the bottom.
- Let the glue sit over night before disturbing.
By Sandra from Yorktown, VA
April 22, 20100 found this helpful
That is darling, what a wonderful gift idea! Thumbs up!
February 25, 20110 found this helpful
I like the crocheted top, will have to try one that way.
September 22, 20160 found this helpful
use E6000 glue to join cup and saucer. It will hold better than hot glue/