Crocheted Tea Cup Pincushion
April 20, 2010
With some imagination, you can turn an old tea cup into a pretty pin cushion.
Approximate Time: 1 hour to 1.5 hours
- tea cup with or without saucer
- your choice of yarn
- size 5.5 mm hook
- hot glue gun
- E6000 or contact cement
- sewing embellishments
- scrap lace or ribbon
- Decorate the cup before you cement it to the saucer.
- With your chain one on hook, chain another and make a single crochet in first chain. Make one single crochet in the back loop of each single crochet.
- Do not start or end a row, just keep making a big spiral.
- When you have a circle almost the width of the cup, break off that color and add another, making a ruffle of chain three and slip stitch in each stitch around.
- Fill the cup with batting, and hot glue the crocheted work to the brim a little at a time.
- Decorate with buttons, anything little like sewing embellishments, etc.
- Glue the cup to the saucer and tie a lace or ribbon bow around the bottom.
- Let the glue sit over night before disturbing.
By Sandra from Yorktown, VA
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.