Hot Chocolate Spoons
This a brilliant idea for a simple but indulgent gift for a very special person. You don't need to be a good cook and you don't have to be artistic to be able to make these tasty treats. Use plastic disposable spoons if you like, but what is really nice is if you can find some fancy vintage spoons in a second hand store.
- 1 spoon
- 2-3 squares of chocolate
- edible decorations
- 1 thin book
- 1 cellophane bag
- 1 short length of ribbon
- 1 short length of cord
- 1 label
- Rest your spoons on the thin book to keep them level.
- Melt the chocolate - about 2-4 squares per spoon - either over a bowl of hot water or 30 seconds at a time in the microwave.
- Spoon the chocolate into the spoons.
- Decorate with edible decorations before the chocolate hardens.
- Once the chocolate has set, tap to remove any excess sprinkles.
- Wrap in the cellophane with the ribbon. Write instructions on the label and tie in place with the cord.
- To use, stir into a teacup of hot milk.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!