BirthdayParties

Hotel Sleepover Birthday Party Ideas

I want to have sleepover at a hotel for my birthday and I am having 6 friends including me, but I don't know what to do at the hotel besides swimming.

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

Challenging as you didn't include your age - I'm going to guess you're in your teens and not turning 21. My friend had a 21st at the St. Francis, Union Square, San Fransisco. It started with a cocktail party that included the parents and adult friends and others who wouldn't be staying. Beautiful, high end, very elegant hors du oevres were brought in as well as beverages. This was to save money and to have exactly what they wanted. There was a steep "corkage" fee for this self catering. A big hotel like this will have a concierge, a hospitality employee who's job it is to make sure guests know what the hotel has to offer. They could set up spa appointments, reserve a section of lounges at the pool for you, give you a schedule of hotel centered activities as well as nearby events and fun things to do that are close by. They can also set up your meal reservations and make sure there is a special birthday acknowledgement.

If you need to be your own concierge, consider trying something that you've not done. Arrange for a juggling or unicycling lesson from a pro; how about having a stylist come in and give a tutorial on applying false eyelashes? ( It's pretty amusing watching someone try to learn this and it's helpful). An eyebrow bar type deal - like Benefit Cosmetics has at Macys, but at your hotel.
Here is my bit of wisdom - if you don't have a generous budget, you can have a better event at home. There's more room and there are more conveniences there (food, personal items, clothes, electronics, music)
The thing about hotels is while they seem more sophisticated than home, they are just rented bedrooms away from the conveniences of home. No parents, I get it - but there are still rules ... Have fun, I hope this gave you a starting point for your planning.