Help with House Repairs?

My mom has entered a nursing home in Glenora, California and she left me her house. I'm not working at the moment. This house is very old, and needs a lot of repairs. I'm just about to get citations from the city of San Gabriel, and also have the health department after me. Can anyone help me please?

By Daniel R.

Best Answer

Where I live the Homebuilder's Association does minor repairs on homes, usually for seniors/low income/disabled. They use donated materials. If you could obtain the required materials do you have any friends/relatives that could provide the labor? The time might be right to sell it as is and move into an apartment. Speak to your pastor and see if he/she knows of any available help or sometimes they might be willing to take up an anonymous offering to help a needy member of the congregation. Also if you have a social worker with the Department of Social Services speak to that person, they might know of some help. However, that being said, needed repairs should be made as needed, not waiting until several repairs that will cost tons of money.

I live in Memphis, TN and I have no income but my roof is leaking bad. Who can I get to give me a quote and fix my roof.

You must stop telling those of us who own our homes which are in need of repair to sell it, Sell out & move into an apartment? Please! You also told the last person they should do the repair as soon as the damage happens! Well did you not think they know this? They can NOT afford to pay for home repairs!

No one who has owned their own home wants to move into an apartment. You must either give them some leads to persons who are willing to do the work for them and where they can go to ask for donated materials or say nothing at all. Do Stop with the degradation, please! You are quite hurtful to those of us in need!

hi - redhatterb gave an excellent answer so the only thing I can add is try some of your "local" web site like Craigslist as they have sections for questions like this.

Try to think "out of the box" to look for some help but most of your "help" is going be your own.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Maintenance and RepairDecember 11, 2013
📓
🌻
🐛
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/House-Needs-Lots-of-Repairs.html