Help with House Repairs

My mom has entered a nursing home in Glenora, California and she left me her house. I'm not working at the moment. This house is very old, and needs a lot of repairs. I'm just about to get citations from the city of San Gabriel, and also have the health department after me. Can anyone help me please?

By Daniel R.

Best Answer

Where I live the Homebuilder's Association does minor repairs on homes, usually for seniors/low income/disabled. They use donated materials. If you could obtain the required materials do you have any friends/relatives that could provide the labor? The time might be right to sell it as is and move into an apartment. Speak to your pastor and see if he/she knows of any available help or sometimes they might be willing to take up an anonymous offering to help a needy member of the congregation. Also if you have a social worker with the Department of Social Services speak to that person, they might know of some help. However, that being said, needed repairs should be made as needed, not waiting until several repairs that will cost tons of money.

I live in Memphis, TN and I have no income but my roof is leaking bad. Who can I get to give me a quote and fix my roof.

hi - redhatterb gave an excellent answer so the only thing I can add is try some of your "local" web site like Craigslist as they have sections for questions like this.

Try to think "out of the box" to look for some help but most of your "help" is going be your own.