Household Items That Do Double Duty
There are so many items, cleaners, and foods that can be used in alternate ways. You can use baking soda to whiten your teeth as well as for general cleaning that requires a gentle abrasive. This is a guide about household items that do double duty
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Here are some household items that can be used for something other than their intended purpose.
- Remove crayon marks with WD-40.
- Clean your toilet with Alka Seltzer.
- Use dryer sheets to freshen stinky shoes.
- Keep your earrings together with buttons.
- Wine bottles can make your boots stand upright.
- Lemon and salt can shine copper and brass.
- Makeup brushes can clean your keyboard.
- Brush your teeth with baking soda. Run out of toothpaste? In a pinch, you can make a paste of baking soda and water.
- Shave your legs with olive oil.
- Lotion can be used to shine shoes.
By Randa from San Marcos TX
August 31, 20080 found this helpful
Use leftover hair conditioner when shaving your legs - also softens your skin at the same time - will rinse off clear.
November 17, 20080 found this helpful
I use old fashioned ice cube trays to seperate my earrings and other small jewelry in a drawer. Sandy