How to Keep the Ends of Grosgrain Ribbon from Fraying

Category Miscellaneous
Certain types of ribbon, such as grosgrain, tend to fray along the cut edges. This is unacceptable, particularly when you are crafting. Try Fray Check from the craft store or even clear nail polish to solve this problem. This is a guide about how to keep the ends of grosgrain ribbon from fraying.

I am using grosgrain ribbon to decorate purses that I am making. To finish off my purse, I have grosgrain ribbon trailing off the purse (I know, hard to imagine). Anyway, to cut the ends, I use pinking shears to give that criss-cross look.

The problem is, that it starts to unravel after awhile. Is there something that I can spray on it to stop it? Maybe something to "harden" it? I tried that liquid glue, but it was so gloppy and messy.

Any ideas?
Paula in GA

Answers

By Connie (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Have you tried Fray Check? I don't know how well it would work on ribbon, but it works pretty well for me on fabric.

amzn.to/2skwJVM

By linda (Guest Post)

Clear nail polish or a product called Fray Check from the craft or fabric store.

By (Guest Post)

I do know they have glue that you can spray on too. I have never tryed it but it is worth a try. You can get it at a auto parts store.

I do know that there is a glue that you can spray on. I have never use it only in a car, but you can try that you can get it at a auto parts store. It is worth a try.