How to Line Dry Socks

Category Laundry
The general consensus for hanging socks to line dry is to clip them on by the toes. This is a page about how to line dry socks.

As I remove clothes from the washing machine to hang outside, I put socks together so that I can hang pairs side-by-side. I pin the socks on the clothes line at the toe--not at the opening. When the clothes are dry, I fold the sock cuffs together before unpinning them from the clothes line. This way, the socks are already mated when I fold the clothes to put them away. (I do my husband's socks this way--my socks are just taken down and folded over so that they are together in the basket.) This saves time since I'm not hunting for mates when I fold clothes!

By Glowgirl from Watertown

Here is a way to air dry socks and keep them together if they are still damp. Simply insert them in the laundry basket holes.

You can also put other small laundry articles in them. Saves dryer energy and you keep pairs together! :)

When you hang out socks on the clothesline, which is the best way to do it so the tops don't stretch out?

By darlene finklea

Answers

Best Answer

My mom always hung them by the toes. During hot weather she hung them in pairs.

Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryMarch 20, 2018
🐛
🌻
😎
📓
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/How-to-Line-Dry-Socks.html