How to Make Boots from Old Sandals and a Sweater

Category Clothing
Old clothing can often be repurposed to make crafts or even other articles of clothing. This is a guide about how to make boots from old sandals and a sweater.

I love to upcycle! I made these knit boots by taking an old pair of sandals my fiance was not very fond of and covered them with the sleeves of an old sweater that had good stretch in the arms, but not so much in the body. I used hot glue for most of the sleeve-to-shoe attaching and a bit of sewing to make the sweater arms snug on my legs. I wear them in the winter inside the house :)

By attosa from Los Angeles, CA

OMG! How clever!

I think I love you. LOL. In an insane moment. I bought these "red" boots a few years ago and never wear them because they are way too bright. Now I can cover them with knit sleeves from an old sweater and only have the shoe part red.

I think that would make them much more wearable for me. Thank you. Oh, and the original idea with the sandals is a great idea too. I may try that.