How to Make a Recycled Sweater Neck Pillow
Use an old sweater to make a nice soft neck pillow for yourself or as a gift for someone else. This page has a great design for how to make a recycled sweater neck pillow
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
An easy way to recycle a sweater that is no longer usable into a nice child's pillow. Protect your child's head as you drive while they are in their booster seat.
- 1 sleeve from a sweater
- batting or recycled batting from an old pillow
- sewing machine
- hand needle and thread
- Cut the sleeve out of a sweater. If it is bigger on one end than the other then you will need to modify it by turning it wrong side out and measure the difference and sew another seam into it. Be sure to trim off any unwanted fabric also.
- Fold into thirds and mark with two pins for stuffing.
- Stuff the middle part first and stitch on both sides to hold it in place.
- Stuff one end then the other and stitch closed turning under the raw edges so they are not showing using pins to hold it in place until you stitch it.
- Take the middle section and tack it to the side while pulling it towards you so it makes part of a U. (See photo)
- Tack it well enough that it does not come undone. Tack it on both ends and in the middle so it keeps it's form.
- Now tack the other end the same way.
Voila, you are finished! You now have a small pillow for your young child to relax in as you are driving.
These are especially good for children who sits in a booster seat. Makes a wonderful birthday gift as well.
By Gem from VA
March 12, 20121 found this helpful
Thanks, this looks great for a neck roll for me also!
March 13, 20120 found this helpful
You're welcome. Glad you could use it. My Grandson loves it. He says it is comfy. LOL
In These Guides