How to Make Plastic Egg Fireflies
Take colorful plastic Easter eggs and a few basic supplies to create these adorable light up fireflies. This is a page about plastic egg fireflies
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Do you have extra plastic eggs? You can make these cute fireflies - that actually light up!
They make a fun little toy to play with around in the backyard, in the dark or to bring along camping! This toy was definitely a big hit for my daughter especially.
Total Time: 25 minutes
- plastic egg(s)
- goggly eyes
- pipe cleaner
- hot glue
- battery operated light
- You will need to cut 6 equal length pieces from the pipe cleaners for the fireflies' legs. Then bend to create their legs.
- Cut two equal pieces for the fireflies' antennae and spiral the ends a little.
- Using hot glue, secure legs 3 per side.
- Glue on antennae.
- Glue on goggly eyes.
- Using a Sharpie, draw on a smile.
- Use a scrap piece of foil to create the fireflies' wings.
- Glue the wings into place and put your battery operated light inside the egg and close. (My daughter wanted the light in-front for one)
- Repeat steps and you can make more! (The real firefly lights up in the back, so the second one we made we placed the light in back.)
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.