How to Make Simple Vegetable Carving Tools
Vote for this contender! (1 votes)
Fruit and vegetable carving make food more eye-catching and more enticing. But don't spend money on carving tools. You can make simple carving tools yourself from a tin can and an old razor.
Total Time: 15-20 Minutes
Yield: 2 carving tools
- Piece of tin from a tin can
- Tin snips
- Insulating tape
- Old disposable razor
First Carving Tool for Notch
- Cut a strip about 2 mm wide from the tin.
- Bend the strip of tin as shown in the photo.
- Wrap one side with insulating tape. This will be a handle. The first carving tool is ready.
Second Carving Tool Knife
- Break the disposable razor to expose the blade.
- Cut off the blunt side at an angle to form a knife blade.
- Cut off the spiked edge on the other side to form a handle. Wrap insulating tape around the tool handle. The second carving tool is ready.
- Using the first tool, cut the grooves evenly, for example in a washed radish. Then cut it into thin slices. You can do the same with cucumber, carrot, lemon, etc.
The blade of the second tool is very sharp and a bit flexible. You can cut different patterns using it, for example a heart.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.