How to Make a Color Explosion Summer Wreath
Use cupcake liners dyed in bright colors to assemble this pretty summer wreath. It's a great way to use up leftover liners and celebrate the summer season.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
July 20, 2018
Celebrate the summer colors seen in nature with this wreath! Made from cupcake liners that were dipped in food coloring, this wreath is not only colorful, but also easy on the budget.
Total Time: two hours, drying time included
Yield: one wreath
- twig ring with a diameter of 9"
- bulk pack of standard size white paper cupcake liners
- 6 in of 0.3" wide baby pink ribbon
- food coloring: red, yellow and blue
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- medicine dropper
- old glass bowl
- old plastic cup
- old plastic trays
- Add red food coloring to the glass bowl. Dilute the food coloring with a bit of water ~ the less diluted, the stronger the color will be.
- Turn a cupcake liner upside down. Dip and swirl the cupcake liner in the diluted red food coloring. Remove the cupcake liner and place it on a tray to dry. Repeat with more cupcake liners ~ you need about 25 cupcake liners colored with the diluted red coloring.
- Repeat step 2, making 25 colored cupcake liners with the yellow food coloring.
- Add blue food coloring to the cup and dilute it. Fill the medicine dropper with diluted blue coloring and squirt some blue coloring on certain areas of the red and yellow colored cupcake liners.
- Allow the cupcake liners to dry thoroughly.
- Cover the twig ring with the cupcake liners: Fold the first cupcake liner in half, then pinch it in the center and ruffle it up towards the centre of the liner to form a flower. Add a drop of hot glue to the twig ring and glue the centre of the cupcake liner flower to the ring.
- Add the second cupcake liner in the same way, gluing it right next to the first. Keep adding cupcake liner flowers until the twig ring has been completely covered, alternating between red and yellow liners.
- Make a loop with the pink ribbon and hot glue it to the top of the wreath to hang the wreath.
CommentsRead More Comments