How to Make a Squirting Aerosol Spray Again?

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 157 Feedbacks

Hi! I just wondered if there's an easy fix for this problem. I've thrown away countless spray cans, usually because they don't spray. The product just dribbles or squirts out. Thanks in advance!

Bronze Feedback Medal for 2021. 15 Feedbacks

Try poking a very small diameter needle or pin into the hole of the spray tip. Or you can also pull the tip off the can and soak it in hot water and dish soap for a while. Remember to really shake those spray cans to distribute the propellant with the product, or you will wind up with cans that have lots of liquid and no "oomph or psssss" left to spray out the liquid !!!

thankyou!i will try that!xx

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts

I take off the plastic aerosol part and run it under water. I also take a pin and clean out the hole it sprays from. This works very often.

thankyou xxx

I too try to take off the spray piece and use a small gauge pin to loosen any debis. Then I run it under hot water. This has worked for me on several occasions.

thanks everyone! i have tried this on one non working spray-and yes it worked,so thankyou!unfortunately another non worker wouldnt have it and i crossly had to dispose of it-both cans were aldi furniture polish.i have wasted so much money over the years!maybe its the cheaper ones?though ive had the same problem with other brands.at least i know what to do in future now!xxx

Home and Garden Repair OtherJuly 2, 2021
🌻
📓
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/How-to-Make-a-Squirting-Aerosol-Spray-Again.html