How to Remove Stains from a Moisture-Wicking Shirt

Category Stains
There are many new fabrics that are designed to keep you comfortable when active, but stains can be sometimes difficult to treat. This is a guide about how to remove stains from a moisture-wicking shirt.

I have a pale yellow moisture wicking shirt, made of the new stay dry fabric. I work in a country club restaurant and cannot get the stains out. They are from au jus, Pepsi, and balsamic vinaigrette. I use Shout and liquid detergent. I also
tried Dawn and now peroxide. Nothing takes the stains out and now they seem set! I only hang it to dry. Please help.
Thanks.

Answers

Best Answer

Try filling a 5-gallon pail with hot tap water. Add 2T each hydrogen peroxide and powdered dishwashing detergent. Soak overnight and wash as usual in the morning.

Best Answer

I'd try OxiClean. I usually get everything out with that stuff!

I have a cream coloured CoolMax (moisture wicking) shirt (my hubby's) and he spilled something that looks like spots of pop/soda, but he says not. I have tried OxiClean, Whisk, and Tide to no avail. It is not a drycleanable fabric, and of course it is a new shirt. Help please.

By Betty from Moorefield, ON

Answers

Try soaking the stain in Biz. Soak over night and then apply it to the stain again and wash it like regular. I have had great luck with it. Good Luck!