Making an "I Love You Because..." Jar
Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 158 Feedbacks
January 19, 2015
I can't think of a more special gift that shows someone how much you love them. Plus, it's easy to make and very inexpensive. Score! This jar would make a nice present for your significant other, a special friend, your kids, your mom or dad. You can personalize them for whoever is on your "special" list.
- a jar: store bought or a pickle jar, popcorn jar, etc. that has been cleaned out
- paper to decorate the jar
- paper strips or heart shaped notes
- pens, markers, stickers, whatever you want to use to decorate the jar
- Make a label for your jar and adhere it to the jar with glue or tape. Or you could use a glass paint pen to write directly on the jar.
- If your jar lid has writing on it or isn't too nice, you could spray paint it or even modge podge pretty paper onto it.
- On a piece of paper, write down all the reasons why you love that person. I like to make the list first so I can remember what I've written. You can write generic things such as, "You have a great smile" or "You are so nice". Add a personalized touch, such as "You change the baby's diapers without complaining!". Fond memories, "I had the best time hiking with you in Yosemite. There's no one else I would have rather gone with". You could even look up quotes online about friends, kids, significant others, etc.
- On strips of paper or heart-shaped notes, write down all your reasons.
- Fold them up and put inside the jar.
- Enjoy seeing the smile on your loved one's face when they open the jar!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.