Identifying Bugs on Dog's Skin

They are burrowed in my dog's skin, and they don't move when touched. I live in Southern California.

It looks like a tick. Take the dog to the vet.

The vet needs to look at this and if they are burrowed, remove them, whatever they are.

I say this because we had 2 tick experiences a few years ago--the first one, we sent the photo to the vet, she said yes, it was a tick, gave instruction on how to remove it, and the process was so stressful for both my hubby and the dog that the next time the pup had one, we just took him in and they removed it quickly with NO pain, NO yelping, and NO fuss.

Be aware if they decide it is a tick, they will test for Lyme disease and if your pup has it (ours did) it will be a long regime of antibiotics.

That was a stressful time in our house

Post back with an update!

These are ticks and need to be pulled out You can do this with a pair of pliers or even a tweezer. After this, you need to get a tick and flea dip for the dog so they don't come back. Each month give your dog the pill to control fleas and ticks.

These look like ticks to me. Hopefully they are not carrying any disease your dog can catch. You need to see your Vet right away to test for and treat disease, and to get on a program to prevent more ticks on your dog. It can be serious so dont put off seeing your Vet right away.

Huge Thank you for everyones input. I made an appt with the vet and Ill post an update

Pets Dogs AdviceDecember 3, 2019
🎄
🎉

Generated 2019-12-04 23:07:20 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️

AdviceDogs