Identifying Cold Damage to Norfolk Pine?

I purchased a beautiful Norfolk pine that is about 3 ft. tall and it was very soft, as they usually are. I left the tree in the car overnight where temperatures outside can get to 30 degree's Fahrenheit. When I removed the tree early this morning it was cold and stiff. It is not showing any frost on it nor showing any frostbite damage at this time. What kind of damage will happen and what can I do?

Thanks.

Best Answer

Norfolk Pine cannot be outside in cold weather. They are a house plant no matter the name. My motger had one do the same and the garden center told her to keep it inside. It doesnt take heat well either and will go yellow in the sun.

Try misting the tree or put a pebble tray with water. They can't take cold weather it needs to be inside. Put near the window so it gets enough light. Water only when soil is dry.

My potted Norfolk Pine is 4 feet high. I use a moisture meter (dry, moist wet)....and so water and mist it accordingly. It also sits in a large, moist pebbles saucer. I do not keep it in direct sunlight...just indirect light. I insert the meter probe tip to root level, btw and clean tip after use.

Home and Garden Gardening Plant HealthDecember 19, 2017
📓
🐛
🌻
😎
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Identifying-Cold-Damage-to-Norfolk-Pine.html