Saving a Cold Damaged Norfolk Pine?

My Norfolk pine froze! Can I "bring it back" or is it done for? I'm moving to Colorado next week and want to take it, but not if there's no hope for it. I know the dry climate there will be a challenge. Please help!

Best Answer

Your tree is already in shock and it is in a very fragile state right now. If you try to dig up this tree and move it anywhere it will die for sure. Plus moving this tree to a cold-weather state is not recommended because this tree needs a warmer climate to survive.

Best Answer

Number one question;
You do not say if your Norfolk Pine is planted in a pot or if it is planted outside so many suggestions will not relate to your problem.
A Norfolk Pine will not live outside in Colorado so I'm assuming yours in a potted plant.

planttalk.colostate.edu/.../

You also do not say how old or how big your plant is and those details could make a difference.

I believe you should contact your county extension office and ask them about your Norfolk Pine as carrying a dying plant would be a lot of trouble and might just finish dying on the way. They should be able to help you decide if it can be saved.

pickyourown.org/countyextensionagentoffices.htm

I believe that once the limbs turn brown they are usually dying and these do not grow back - only new limbs grow from the top. I have never had needles grow back once they start turning brown although the tree may get new limbs at the top but may loose its nice shape. (I live in Florida - Zone 9.)

This is a challenge,this is a tropical plant that loves warm weather and sun, and stay away from drafty areas.

This is not the time to transport and transplant. Your tree will surely die.

Home and Garden Gardening TreesNovember 16, 2019
🌻
😷
📓
😎
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Saving-a-Cold-Damaged-Norfolk-Pine.html