LicePest Control

Identifying Head Lice

I found three of these on my scalp. It felt like there was a scab and I picked and this came up. Is it lice?

Best Answer

Before you panic, have someone check the hair shafts to see if there are eggs. Behind the ear is the starting place. The eggs look at first like flecks of dandruff, or when they get really bad, look like white paint flecks. They grow around the hair shaft and will not come off in any other way except head lice treatment. If you use a hot hair dryer several times a week, this can keep head lice at bay. The eggs adhere to the hair shaft like a strong magnet. If you don't have any eggs, you probably don't have head lice.

It looks like it. Treat your head, upholstery, carpet, bedding and any other people in your home.

Normally head lice move around and lay eggs. I would check the rest of your hair first before you panic and run out and buy shampoo. I'd make sure you don't have any eggs in your hair or other signs of head lice.