Identifying Tiny Household Bugs

Can you please tell me what these are and how to get rid of them? I have a new born and a 1yr baby at home. I kill 10 a day. What can I do? Do they harm babies?

Please help.

I am not sure what they are, but they are not bedbugs. Put them in a sealed plastic bag and take them to a store that sells pesticides. They will identify them and tell you the best way to get rid of them with babies in the house.

10 a day is not good. Do they look like this: pestcontrolcanada.com/.../

This is a grain beetle. I had them once...came from a grocery store sack of flour. Once I got rid of the flour and did a thorough cleaning they went away, but it took a while to figure out where they came from.

Are you in the US? If this isn't what you have (which are NOT harmful but the way--just icky), you may want to send better photos to your home extension office and see what they say. It sounds like bundling up two punkin kiddies and traveling to a store with bugs in a baggie, would not be a good option.

Here is a zip code locator for the home extension office:

pickyourown.org/countyextensionagentoffices.htm

I strongly suggest NOT using chemicals to get rid of these unless you absolutely must since the chemicals are terrible (they can be what is harmful) for young children and adults too. There are lots and lots of safe and natural ways to get rid of bugs once you have a clear ID on it.

Generally, the best is a good cleaning. Sadly these can come in through windows and doors very easily and everyone has problems with some kind of bug at one time or another. It is just nature and the world. We have taken over their spaces and they have to find some place to live. It is sad, but still, you don't want them around--not in my house!! I know that one quite well :)

Post back what you learn!! Prayers for a quick answer and natural and safe solution!!