Identifying a Bump on a Dog's Belly

My dog is a 10 year old Shorkie and she has this weird bump on her belly. I'm not sure what it is. Could somebody please tell me? I'm really freaked out that it could be cancer.

Any changes in skin, human or animal, should be checked out by a doctor. Take your dog to the vet.

Most of the time with dogs lumps and bumps are nothing, but I always take my kids in when they happen just to give me piece of mind. If you have an established relationship with the vet, some will do a free email consultation and give you the info whether to bring in ASAP or just have it checked at the next regular visit.

Post back what you learn!! Blessings and healing prayers to your fur baby!

That bump doesn't look like anything I have ever seen. I would be worried too. You need to see your Vet right away.

Hi,

This could be anything at all and I would not panic over it. I would, however, ask the vet to look at the bump and give her opinion on what she thinks it may be. Let us know what you find out. I am thinking it might have something to do with an umbilical hernia but I am not a vet. This should not be serious if it is an umbilical hernia.

Blessings,

Robyn