Identifying a Houseplant

My family has had this house plant for quite some time, yet we are unsure of what it is. I was hoping somebody could identify it as I want to grow another from the seeds, but without knowing what it is, I worry that I won't be able to properly care for it. From the rim of the pot, it's just over 3 feet tall with 4.5 inch tall x 2.2 inch wide leaves and dark red seeds that are about an inch in length and half an inch in width.

I hope the information helps.

Thank you!

Best Answer

Hello!

Your plant looks like an Aglaonema by its fruits and the white stripes on its leaves, but there are many different types of Aglaonema and the white marks on its leaves show more or less depending on the amount of light it receives. Google keywords ''Aglaonema red fruits" or "Aglaonema commutatum red fruits'' or "Aglaonema crispum red fruits''.

If you can't identify which Aglaonema it is you can rely on any of them special cares as they are all plants from the rainforests, so it means no direct sun, warmth, and constant moist atmosphere.
Hope this helps !
Happy New Year !

Thank you so much!
Happy New Years!