ArtCollectibles

Identifying a Painting and Artist

Does any one recognize the signature on this painting? Can any one make-out the letters of the signature? Does any one recognize the painting?

Best Answer

To me it looks more like Lawrence, but I didn't find any artists with that name whose style matches this style...which to me is a cross between a Modern French Impressionist and the American Realist painter Edward Hopper.

There is an artist named Laurent Parcelier whose work is very similar to yours, but when I try to match the signatures, he seems to always sign his with his last name, not his first name.

This link shows some of his works that are similar to yours, but I was not able to find an exact match.

www.pinterest.com/.../

He is still living...I could not find contact info for him (no surprise), but here is a gallery where he shows his work

eastwestfineart.com/.../

Maybe they could tell you more info if it truly is his or just someone with a similar style. I am always reaching out to the experts for info and in most cases (I would say 9 of 10) people are generally helpful if you ask your question in a kind and clear way.

Good luck! Let us know what you find!

Looks like it says Laurent. It's a French painting and the green building says "books and stamps" in French.