Identifying a Pet Baby Snake

I recently got this snake, but the breeder I got it from isn't sure what kind it is and I can't really tell. I do know that it is not venomous and it is still a baby as well. They said it could be a gray rat snake, chicken snake, a python of some kind that gets really big, or a Mississippi Mud snake. They were not sure and I can't really tell what kind it is. I'm from the US and live in the state of Kentucky if that helps. I just want to know what kind it is so I know what exactly to feed it and what all I should put in its tank.

It is hard to tell from the photos. My suggestion is to contact your local vet and ask for input or a recommendation for a vet who knows reptiles.

Snakes are pets just like dogs and cats and benefit from having an established relationship with a vet who is experienced with the species. A good vet will help you with feeding needs, habitat needs, and troubleshooting any challenges.

Good luck! Blessings on your new slithering child! :)

I think it is a rat snake

same my bf said its a gray rat snake.