CollectiblesConsumer Advice

Information on Japanese Vase

Can anyone help me with this please?. I inherited from my nan.

You need to go to a dealer who specializes in Asian things. S/he would be able to identify the marking.

I believe by the mark on your vase it may be called kaku as I have seen similar square markings before but only an expert can really tell you very much about your vase.
Apparently these types of marks can be very different according to the artist (or apprentice) as it has been said these marks are akin to a doctors signature.
You may be able to get some information from the experts on eBay discussion boards. You will have to upload your photos and give measurements but they can be very helpful. Here is a link to their pottery board:

Here is also a link to a Japanese discussion board:

check for marks on base, was it occupied Japan, after the war WW2 go to eBay start a search for Oriental Vases work from there you will be surprised what you will find & learn, remember what they are asking is not always what it was sold for, there is a column on left that says Completed Sales that is what was paid Good Luck I find it fun to search