Information on Japanese Vase?

Can anyone help me with this please?. I inherited from my nan.


Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

March 18, 20171 found this helpful

You need to go to a dealer who specializes in Asian things. S/he would be able to identify the marking.

Reply Was this helpful? 1
March 18, 20171 found this helpful

I believe by the mark on your vase it may be called kaku as I have seen similar square markings before but only an expert can really tell you very much about your vase.
Apparently these types of marks can be very different according to the artist (or apprentice) as it has been said these marks are akin to a doctors signature.
You may be able to get some information from the experts on eBay discussion boards. You will have to upload your photos and give measurements but they can be very helpful. Here is a link to their pottery board:

Here is also a link to a Japanese discussion board:


Reply Was this helpful? 1
March 19, 20171 found this helpful

check for marks on base, was it occupied Japan, after the war WW2 go to eBay start a search for Oriental Vases work from there you will be surprised what you will find & learn, remember what they are asking is not always what it was sold for, there is a column on left that says Completed Sales that is what was paid Good Luck I find it fun to search

Reply Was this helpful? 1

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

In This Page
Consumer Advice CollectiblesMarch 18, 2017
Easter Ideas!
St. Patrick's Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCoronavirusCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.
Desktop Page | View Mobile
Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Generated 2021-02-18 03:14:27 in 2 secs. ⛅️️
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.