MiscellaneousCollectibles

Information on a Coldwell Antique Reel Mower

This this is my great-grandfather's lawn mower. I'm interested in the production year for this Coldwell Series number en3200.

There is a forum on old mowers that should be a big help to you. www.smokstak.com/.../showthread.php?t=125758

I CAN'T FIND THE WORTH OF YOUR MOWER.GO ON E-BAY AND DESCRIBE YOUR ITEM AND THEY WILL E-MAIL YOU WHEN ONE COMES IN.

You can also use YouTube as a reference. www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RKQF_z-Dpg This sort of looks like yours and it's a 1919 model.

The Coldwell company dates back to approximately 1917....I have several links that may be of interest to you if you want to learn more about the company and your mower.

The next to the last link shows old ads (maybe you can find your mower pictured--I was not able to locate the exact item).

The last link talks about what the Smithsonian has from their trade catalogs:

digital.hagley.org/.../1up

newyorkhistoryblog.org/.../

www.magazine-advertisements.com/coldwell-lawn-mower-company.html

americanhistory.si.edu/.../SILNMAHTL_12014

I find it very interesting that there are NO mowers listed on eBay at the moment (lots of ads picturing mowers--which could also help you by matching yours to an ad).

It could be a fluke or just mean that they are very rare (thus it may command more of a value if you want to sell it or insure it).

If you are looking for a value you can check back to eBay frequently and look at the SOLD auctions only (NEVER use asking price--current auctions to determine value because people can ask what they want. Value is only determined by what another person will actually PAY for an item.)