Insects Tearing Pothos Leaves

My pothos plant's leaves are small yet the plant is growing well, but every few leaves has a rip in them. I thought it was the thorns causing them, but now I am finding spiderweb like substance on a few leaves. What insects could be causing this?

Thank you for your help!

Use some plant food and be careful not to over water.

Spiders

They sound like spider mites. Regardless of the insect, you can get rid of them by using insecticidal soap.

They make organic varieties, if you are an organic gardener

It could be a fungus from over watering. It can cause web like issues and the holes.

Try pulling off the bad leaves, and cut back on watering. Also don't let water touch the leaves...if you can, water from the bottom if the pot has hole, let it take water up. I had one that was ok when I made the changes and one that was too far gone and the fungus killed it. Sad.

Post back how it goes!!

apparently this is a big year for this particular infestation becasue I am hearing about this plant invader with the spider web like signature

insecticidal soap and cutting down on water/increasing light will help solve this problem straightaway

It is spider mites. Wash it with a mild dawn soap/water solution. Rinse well, and change the soil. Move it to a different location so if the spider mites where in that area, they won't move back.

Clean the pot well, with dawn and a dab of bleach in the water. **Don't use the bleach on the plant.

Home and Garden Gardening House PlantsNovember 8, 2018
🐛
😎
🌻
📓