Instant Pot Carnitas
Here's a delicious and juicy pork carnitas made in an Instant Pot! If you would like, you can pan fry the carnitas after it's been cooked for the meat to be crispy.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes + release time & pan sear
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 6-8 people
- 5.5 lb boneless pork shoulder butt
- 1 cup beer
- 1/2 cup squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup squeezed lime juice
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- dash salt & pepper
- 1 head garlic, minced
- Chop pork into chunks. Season pork with dash of salt and pepper.
- In a measuring cup - combine beer, pressed orange juice/lime juice, minced garlic, dried oregano, and ground cumin. Give liquids a good mix.
- In your instant pot, add pork and pour liquid sauce mixture over pork.
- Cook on high pressure for 30 minutes and do a natural release.
- Once natural release is done, open lid and your pork is ready!
- For your pork carnitas to be crispy - pan fry a few minutes or until your preference crispiness. Ready to enjoy carnitas in tacos, burritos, sandwich, over eggs, flatbread, or whatever.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!