Instant Pot Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,298 Posts
July 24, 2018
A few years ago, I tried fettuccine alfredo and really enjoyed it except the sauce can be a bit overwhelming. This is probably one of the foods that is out of my families comfort zone to eat.
I gave chicken fettuccine alfredo a first attempt using my instant pot. I like how you can control the portion for the sauce so it's not too overwhelming, it was actually a hit in my household!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 3 people
- 2 boneless chicken breast
- 3 cloves garlic cloves
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- dash salt & pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 milk
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 6 oz fettuccine noodles
- 5 oz shredded Romano cheese
- I sliced my chicken breast horizontally in half and then cut into lengthwise pieces. Marinate with dash of salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Select Instant Pot feature Sauté > Normal Setting. Add olive oil then chicken breast. Allow to sear on each side for 2-3 minutes then remove from pot and set aside. Initially I used less than 1 Tbsp. olive oil, so I adjusted recipe. Remove chicken from pot.
- Melt butter and add minced garlic. Allow to cook for about a minute. Then, pour heavy whipping cream and milk. Allow to simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in chicken stock and dried basil.
- Add the chicken breasts back in and break fettuccine noodles in half to fit the pot. Using the setting for Pressure Cook > Manual. Cook on high for 7-8 minutes and allow instant pot to naturally release air.
- Carefully open lid, and your sauce will appear like a watery consistency do not worry, this is where your parmesan or romano cheese will come in! Stir in cheese. *I ended up not using parmesan cheese, just 3/4 of the 5 oz romano shredded cheese and the remainder as garnishing and for garlic bread (optional).
- For my garlic bread, I like to use minced garlic, dash of salt and pepper, garlic powder, dried thyme and olive oil. Spread on your choice of bread and toast.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.