Instant Pot Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
Vote for this contest contender!
A few years ago, I tried fettuccine alfredo and really enjoyed it except the sauce can be a bit overwhelming. This is probably one of the foods that is out of my families comfort zone to eat.
I gave chicken fettuccine alfredo a first attempt using my instant pot. I like how you can control the portion for the sauce so it's not too overwhelming, it was actually a hit in my household!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 3 people
- 2 boneless chicken breast
- 3 cloves garlic cloves
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- dash salt & pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 milk
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 6 oz fettuccine noodles
- 5 oz shredded Romano cheese
- I sliced my chicken breast horizontally in half and then cut into lengthwise pieces. Marinate with dash of salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Select Instant Pot feature Sauté > Normal Setting. Add olive oil then chicken breast. Allow to sear on each side for 2-3 minutes then remove from pot and set aside. Initially I used less than 1 Tbsp. olive oil, so I adjusted recipe. Remove chicken from pot.
- Melt butter and add minced garlic. Allow to cook for about a minute. Then, pour heavy whipping cream and milk. Allow to simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in chicken stock and dried basil.
- Add the chicken breasts back in and break fettuccine noodles in half to fit the pot. Using the setting for Pressure Cook > Manual. Cook on high for 7-8 minutes and allow instant pot to naturally release air.
- Carefully open lid, and your sauce will appear like a watery consistency do not worry, this is where your parmesan or romano cheese will come in! Stir in cheese. *I ended up not using parmesan cheese, just 3/4 of the 5 oz romano shredded cheese and the remainder as garnishing and for garlic bread (optional).
- For my garlic bread, I like to use minced garlic, dash of salt and pepper, garlic powder, dried thyme and olive oil. Spread on your choice of bread and toast.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!